Friday, August 6, 2010

Finally received my replacement battery & Jason's Letters/Numbers game

A few weeks ago I discovered there was a problem with my Dell Mini-9's laptop. So I ordered a replacement battery and luck would have it, I found a larger capacity battery. On Thursday it arrived and it looks like it will do the trick, very well and much longer.

So I also loaded a couple software packages and I found one that Jason might like. Its called Linux Letters and Numbers (and its available as a Ubuntu/Debian package). Its works by displaying a keypad with the numbers and letters. When a key on the keyboard is depressed a representative label comes up with a picture and sometimes a voice announcement. For instance, "A" will bring up a picture of an apple, along with the letter A, and an adult's voice saying "Apple".

Jason liked it when I brought it out and he started pressing every key, many many times. However, when he found the Tux Penguin show up when he pressed the "P" key he was overjoyed. Here is a pic of him engrossed in the fun.

No comments: