Sunday, September 28, 2008

Garage sale,haircuts, cable outage, and project creep

Jason is doing well at home the past few days and this gives us time to take care of some of these other things that had a need to be done. So today I was able to get up early and get somethings done while my wife kept an eye on Jason.

First was go and get a haircut. Frankly I never look forward to getting my hair cut in town because of two factors. The first being that they dont seem to know or care what they are doing. The 4 times I have let this place cut my hair, they have let me down twice-50% satisfaction. The other reason is that it is usually a long wait for just to get into the chair. I usually go over first thing in the morning and there is one barber there but two or sometimes three patrons ahead of me, so it will be an hour of waiting around before I get my unsatisfactory service. Bottom line, I am committed to finding a new babershop to spend my money-enough is enough.

When I got back to the house, I took some excess furniture that we had in the garage and home and got a hastily established garge sale going on the drive way. In our town, every weekend there seems to be one or two garge sales in the neighborhood and it makes it easy, so easy that I rarely ever have to post signs and car and foot traffic are a-plenty. by 1PM I got rid of an extra bed and Ikea chair-footstool set we had and that made for big space savings in the garage!

The pasf few days I have been working on setting up a DOS bootdisk that works with many network cards that are used in systems I have to work with. I have come up with a pretty good boot disk that supports most of these network cards and USB drive support so running Ghost to image and reload systems will be easy. I am finding more and more support features to put into this, but it is bordering on what is known as project-creep. My understanding of this term is when a small project grows and grows and grows beyond initial expectations. Lets see how it goes later on the week.

No comments: