Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jason 's progress-fun with bottles

For all those that want to know, Jason is doing well this week. He is gaining weight (now 2.56 Kg) and the hospital staff is suggesting that he may premitted to go home soon. Soon as sometime in a week. That could mean that I could be going back to work too! Here is my viewpoint: I *really enjoy* my work. So I am excited about both Jason coming home and returning to a line of work that I am into; this is the best of two worlds!

Also Jason is starting to drink a little from the bottle. This is big news because he has been fed through a tube before Monday and he is just learning how to do something (that we take for granted) that is pretty tough to coordinate (breath, suck, swallow, breath again) and tiring for little heart patient babies. So each instance where Jason feeds from the bottle, it is an exercise that makes him stronger and better equipped for other tasks.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am so happy to hear that Jason's surgery went well. He's a little trooper. Our prayers are with you all as you prepare to bring your bundle of joy home.