Thursday, September 25, 2008

A visit to the doctor and Thomas's furry helper at work

Today we took Jason to his pediatrician and we got a good report from her and some helpful information. Jason is also growing well and she likes his progress. Jason appears to be up to 7 lb 2 oz or 3.23 kg which is all very good. And his cry is getting louder too, which is a good sign as it means he is recovering from the surgery a little more each day.

On the way to and from the medical center, Jason got to see some of the 'wildlife' we have here in the Central Valley in California. It really means mostly goats, dairy cows, and other than livestock, some ducks and cranes in ponds and irrigation canals. Exciting, eh?

I spent more time at work when we all returned in the afternoon and I started working on data aquisition exercises using EnCase (remote/crossover-cable, Linux, USB flash drives, etc) so I can come up with some teaching plans for work that are easy to deliver to clients. I got a kick out of my cat, Max, who came in the office to 'supervise' me. I think this cat certainly has a personality that is very unique.

Its funny because he actually waited until I had gotten out of my seat and he jumped right in and took my place from behind my back- as if he worked it out that way! In fact as I type this out, he is sitting in the same chair as if this is his domain.

No comments: