Thursday, February 26, 2009

A week home

Well, its been a week back at home and things are returning back to normal. I can see that I was missed by my work team and the group I work with at my Army Reserve Unit, the Western Information Operations Center in Dublin, CA. This past weekend I had to stay at home to keep a close eye on Jason while he was recovering (and my wife and I learned a lesson that in the beginning, it really takes two people to watch over one baby recovering from heart surgery.) So the Army had to do without me for a weekend.

The week back back at work has been pretty productive with catching up on old business that I had to curtail when I left suddenly two weeks ago and writing up reports. I am looking at a malware identification tool called TARA that features the use of detection rules. After a bit more study, I might end up using it more as the realm of malware will need every trick in the book to stay abreast of the threat.

Jason has been doing well this week and this is despite the head cold he seemed to pick up. At first the coughing was hurting his chest (we could see it in his facial expressions and especially his cries!) But either his chest stopped hurting as much or the cold symptoms abated very quickly as he seems like he is on the road to getting over it. I got a call from my parents today who said they got Jason's latest picture we sent to them and they enjoyed it. Here is a copy of that picture which is really something. Yes, Jason is now turning back into his cute self before the cold and his recent trip to the hospital. Its a marvel to see how much he is changing and growning in what seems like a matter of days.

No comments: